Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I just love birthdays. I have another birthday shout-out. It's for my dad, Jeffrey Dale. He really is the man. Here's why...
-put up and raised 5 daughters (he grew up in a family of 4 boys)
-taught all 5 daughters sports and about SportsCenter (some picked it up more than others)
-came to all my concerts, performances, and games
-was my coach a few times
-will carry girl supplies in his pocket
-listens to and fixes my midday breakdowns (I know my mom is grateful for that one)
-supports me in everything
-is very funny and smart
-wants the grandkids to call him "El Gran Popito"
-impersonates Steve Martin and Cosmo Cramer really well
-grandkids love him and ask "Where's Pops?"

Talking shop
Teaching us the ins and outs of putting
I just love him!
(His bday is really tomorrow, April 2nd. Our bdays always fall on the same day of the week, so they're almost 6 months apart...fyi.)

3 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

We love him too. Happy birthday uncle Jeff. Any man who can handle the "bombitas" is a hero of mine. Sara, you are one lucky girl!
Daniel, Katie, and Madeleine

mstoker said...

El gran popito? haha that's awesome.

Kristen said...

Sara, don't you mean papito?